Monday, October 08, 2018

Spinzilla

This last week, I spun about 25,000 yards of wool yarn, about half semi-worsted from flock run 56 count wool and half woolen from fine Rambouillet. All totaled, It was about 6.5 lb. All of that yarn has a grist of about 4,000 ypp and is for a  piece of weaving. It feels good to get it out of the way - scoured but not carded, it filled a couple of big plastic bins,


It is not what I planned to do, but all things considered, it was not a bad Spinzilla for me. And for me, it was not the end of this project. I have a few more bins of these fibers left to spin.

1 comment:

AG said...

Hi Aaron! Your blog is amazing, I’ve been looking everywhere online for folks doing this kind of spinning work. I’m also in the Bay Area, where have you gotten the Rambouillet from? Thanks!