Saturday, January 24, 2015

Spinning Demo

I will be at Carson Demers presentation on Wed night.  see http://treadles2threads.blogspot.com/.

I will have new gear for the show and tell, that I have not  demonstrated in public.  It is not new, it is right out of Alden's Big Blue Book, but it is not stuff you are likely to often see. And, you are not likely to see others spinning that fast.  

Make it work, then make it pretty. This gear is still at the "Ugly, but works stage".

I find having thousands of yards of good yarn is better than having a few yards of very pretty yarn and thousands of yards of imaginary yarn that you would spin if you had the time, tools, and skill. I find that real, good yarn is more useful than imaginary perfect yarn. 

Except that having real, good  yarn at hand when you need it, makes it perfect.

3 comments:

Holin Kennen said...

Well, if you find that having good yarn is so wonderful, then why are you spinning such crappy yarn? Seems like your yarn is far more imaginary than mine. I do spin thousands and thousands of yards of good yarn per year. What's your excuse for spinning such poor yarn?

Aaron said...

Let me know when you are spinning thousands and thousands of yards of good yarn per day

txvoodoo said...

"Let me know when you are spinning thousands and thousands of yards of good yarn per day"

Prove that you are. I don't believe you.

Note: that means proving the quantity AND the quality of said yarn you're spinning.

Put up or shut up.